May 8th, 2019
Branthaven Wins Again… Lakeview Village Awarded Best Planned Community
May 3rd, 2019
The Taunton Apartments Wins 8 Awards at HHHBA Awards of Distinction
April 30th, 2019
Awards and Accolades
Everyone can probably agree that so far this summer has been a scorcher, so staying cool is a priority for many people. Naturally, the first thing you’ll want to do is crank up the A/C, but chances are that doing this will likely increase your hydro bill as well. We’ve compiled 7 tips for staying cool while reducing your household energy consumption this summer.
1. Make use of natural ventilation. Open your windows at night to let the cool air in and close them in the morning to keep the warm air outside your home.
2. Adequately maintain your air conditioning system for maximum energy efficiency.
3. Avoid using the oven and instead barbecue as often as you can. This will keep unnecessary heat away from your home.
4. When using the dishwasher, opt for air dry rather than heat dry.
5. Install a clothesline and hang your clothes to dry.
6. Maximize the use of daylight. Keep the curtains open as long as you can during the evening to make use of the daylight.
7. Use energy efficient ceiling fans to cool your home. These can increase cooling efficiency of your air conditioning system, but turn them off when exiting the room as they only cool people and not the room itself.