Summer inspires us to get outdoors, spend time with family and friends and enjoy all this season has to offer! Whether it’s going to the beach, dining in your backyard, or sipping your favourite iced tea, make each moment memorable and in style with the latest outdoor summer finds.
The Branthaven Design team shares how they love to spend their summer and what inspires them this season.
Kimberly loves to spend the summer in her backyard retreat reading a great book while relaxing on her hammock and sipping an ice cold Lavender Lemonade.
Eager to try the Lavender Lemonade? We’ve included the recipe below:
– A small handful of fresh lavender flowers (rinse well)
– 1 c. coconut sugar
– 2 c. boiling water
– 1 ½ c. freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 10 lemons)
– 2 c. cold water or club soda
– Place rinsed lavender in Pyrex bowl with sugar and gently rub flowers into sugar. Add boiling water and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cover and let infuse for minimum 30 minutes and up to overnight.
– Strain infusion into pitcher, add lemon juice and cold water or club soda.
– Add more sugar or lemon to taste.
– Garnish with lavender sprigs and lemon slices.
Trista’s idea of a perfect summer includes having a great barbecue! You can cook just about anything on the grill – from Burgers to Seafood to Mexican Corn on the Cob…yum! Having a BBQ is the perfect excuse to enjoy the weather and host an impromptu get-together with friends and family. Besides, what better way to show off your cooking skills? Happy grilling!
Olivia’s summer musts are great accessories for both indoors and outdoors. All these fab finds are from IKEA.
Marla’s ideal summer includes hosting outdoor family dinners and decorating the dinner table with accessories from around the house. She loves welcoming her guests with a fun and whimsical welcome sign.
Sharon’s favourite summer activity includes a day at the beach with family while relaxing under the shade. She recommends a trendy and practical cooler for these outings! Colourful glasses are also on her must-have summer list because they can make your favourite summer drink more enjoyable.
As for Heidi, she enjoys spending time sitting outside in the shade. To make the most of the time outside, she recommends some modern lounge chairs, a cool colourful umbrella and of course a side table to hold fruity beverages!