May 8th, 2019
Branthaven Wins Again… Lakeview Village Awarded Best Planned Community
May 3rd, 2019
The Taunton Apartments Wins 8 Awards at HHHBA Awards of Distinction
April 30th, 2019
Awards and Accolades
Considered to be one of Toronto’s wealthiest suburbs and currently ranking as Canada’s 15th best city to live in,Oakville offers safe neighborhoods, a choice of many reknowned private and public schools, an abundance of recreational facilities and easy access to highways and transit, making it a favourite destination for families and commuters alike.
Check out these Top 12 features and attractions that make Oakville an ideal place to call home.
1. Bronte Village. Located along Lake Ontario, it is a picturesque waterfront community of heritage homes, harbours lined with sailboats, and has a vibrant downtown offering small-town specialty shops and cultural attractions.
2. Downtown Oakville. Also known as Old Oakville, this walkable community offers spectacular lake views, as well as fine dining, and a great selection of independent shops.
3. Kerr Village. This ethnically diverse area is both sophisticated and eclectic. Both shopping and restaurants are representative of the culturally rich diversity of this area.
1. Oakville Civitan Farmers’ Market runs from late spring through to fall and is held at Dorval Crossing (200-240 North Service Road West).
2. Oakville Place Farmers’ Market runs from mid-June to mid-October is held at Oakville Place (240 Leighland Avenue).
BlogTO’s Top 5 Restaurants:
1. The Plank Restobar, overlooking the harbour, it offers tapas which changes seasonally, gourmet pizza & bourbon drinks.
2. JAC’s Bistro, offers Italian, Canadian and European dishes.
3. Cucci Ristorante, is an elegant venue serving modern Italian cuisine, with a lengthy wine list and live jazz piano nightly.
4. Bru Restaurant, offers a great selection of craft beers, and classic plates such as gourmet hamburgers and house smoked meat as well as gluten free fish and chips and vegan ‘Butter Chicken’ Curry.
5. Stoney’s Bread Company, casual dining offering a wide array of sandwiches, pasta and pizza dishes.
For outdoor enthusiasts, there is much to discover and experience in Oakville. Home to many beautifully maintained public parks and to Bronte Creek Provincial Park, Oakville also has 17kms of waterfront trails offering spectacular lake views, tree-lined streets, access to river systems and vibrant harbours which both pedestrians and cyclists can enjoy.
A couple of notorious parks include:
1. Gairloch Gardens. Known for its rose gardens, ponds and fountains, this garden is a favourite among photography enthusiasts and those looking for a quiet stroll along Lake Ontario. It is located at 1306 Lakeshore Rd E.
2. Lion’s Valley Park. The 16 Mile Creek Trail runs through this park, which is perfect for hiking, picnics and offers lots of green area for children. The entrance located off of Dundas St. at 2417 Fourth Line.
For many other Oakville parks, visit www.oakville.ca
There is also so much more that Oakville has to offer. Oakville is home to many heritage buildings, museums, art galleries, performing arts centre, arena, lots of entertainment and recreational attractions, as well as health and wellness centres.
If you’re looking for a community rich in heritage, art, entertainment and recreation, check out Branthaven’s upcoming communities and Live the Life™ in Oakville.
• The Taunton, luxury rental apartments www.thetaunton.com
• Synergy Condos, urban trailside condos overlooking the McCraney Trail www.synergycondo.com
• Oakvillage Phase 3, currently taking registrations at www.branthaven.com/oakvillage