March 22nd, 2018
Branthaven Homes partnered in $275M Lakeview Land Development Project
March 21st, 2018
Spring Cleaning for On-The-Go Homeowners
March 8th, 2018
Condo Living – Enhance Your Lifestyle by Moving Up!
With each new season, design experts and trendspotters visit design tradeshows around the world with the sole purpose of discovering the most popular home design trends of the year. Check out the Top 5 Design Trends to look out for in 2018:
1. Deep Black or Blue. According to Charlotte Luxford, editor for London-based Home & Design, “deep black-blue schemes with flashes of crisp white create an ultra-modern look. These midnight-inspired hues are being used to transform rooms into cozy, intimate spaces”.
Photo credit M&S.
2. Marble. 2018 will see a shift from white-gray tones to pink and green tones with this timeless trend. Although most popular in countertops, flooring and tabletops, marble is also being used as a textile pattern seen in carpets, fabrics and wallcoverings.
Photo credit Archi Expo.
3. Metallic Finishes. From brass to bronze, silver or gold, metallic are back, and don’t be afraid to mix and match! For do’s and don’ts on mixing them like a pro visit designer Kathy Kuos’s blog post.
Photo credit stylecarrot.com
4. Black and White. “Black and white patterns, prints, as well as home decor accessories were spotted in Paris, Madrid, and Lisbon, creating a fresh and updated vibe for interiors,” says Nancy Fire, founder of Design Works International and design director for HGTV HOME. Both sophisticated and elegant, this classic colour combination can be seen in accessories such as pillows, tables and bedding.
Source: Bernhardt furniture, Photo by Linda Holt
5. Mixing and Matching Reds. Cherry, tangerine, coral and berries go well together, especially when mixing different textures and accents. According to Nancy Fire, “a fun design tip when using red is to mix your textures and details to create visual highs and lows to add more dimension in your space.”
Photo credit Dulux